This just in from the Wall Street Journal: “Ruling Lets Enron Workers Sue Lay, Northern Trust Over Lost Savings.” (Subscription required.) More articles:
- “Banks Cut From Suit by Enron Pensions“: the New York Times
- “Deepest pockets out of case: Some banks freed from Enron suit“: the HoustonChronicle.com
- “Judge: Enron pension suit can go forward“: the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- “Enron class-action suit may proceed: Judge says lawsuit over squandered pensions to go forward“: MSNBC News
- “Judge: Enron Workers Can Sue Lay: Says ex-CEO can be held liable for pension losses“: Newsday.com
You can read more about the Enron litigation at this link. Also there are links over on the right under “401(k) Litigation Links” which contain additional information regarding the case.
UPDATE: Link to the federal district court for the Southern District of Texas Notable Cases page which contains the link to the Memorandum and Order re: Tittle Defendants’ Motions to Dismiss in the case of Tittle, et al v. Enron Corporation, et al, Civil No. 4:01-CV-3913 is here. It is a 331-page document which the court’s website says may take 11 minutes to download. Link to the actual Memorandum and Order is here.
Much more on this later . . .